In order to change the drive where Google Drive stores cache files:
- Click on "Google Drive" in the menu bar, and then click on the gear icon.
- Click on "Preferences."
- Click on the gear icon next to "Settings."
- Scroll down to the folder where cache files are stored locally.
- Click on "Change."
- Browse to the new folder.
- Click on "Select folder."
- Click on "Done."
Once you have selected a new drive, it's important to choose a folder inside the drive, not just the drive itself. Within the new drive, create a folder named "Google Cache" and select only that folder.